Effective Date: April, 2020
How We Collect and Use Information
TALNEA MACHINING & MANUFACTURING INC. primarily collects personal information in connection with the manufacturing, sale, import and export of precision machined components.
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us, including information you supply to us online while using the Site (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). We only contact individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our messaging, attended one of our events, or have purchased one of our products. We collect personally identifying information from our users during online registration, as well as purchasing our services or attending one of our events. Generally, this information includes name and e-mail address for registration or opt-in purposes and name, postal address, and credit card information when registering for our events or purchasing our products. All of this information is provided to us by you.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Site. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie” to enhance your experience with the Site. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Site, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit us, and track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the Site where you may have entered preference information before. The Site also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as “transparent GIFs”) to access cookies and to count users who visit the Site or open HTML-formatted email messages.
Why Do We Collect Your Information?
We may collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide information, products, and/or services;
- To administer, plan, and manage the relationship with individuals and to communicate with individuals;
- To better understand how we may improve our products and services, to develop and conduct our business and operations, and for other internal business purposes;
- To provide information on current and future products and services or other developments with respect to us and our affiliates and partners, and to customize features and advertising that appear on the Site; and
- To comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements or to protect our legal rights and property.
We do not collect personal information for any other purposes, unless we have the consent of the individual to whom it relates.
Use and Disclosure of Your Information, Disclosure to Third Parties
We use the information we collect from you in a variety of ways, as reasonably required to facilitate the purposes described above. We also may provide your information to third parties, such as service providers, contractors and third-party publishers and advertisers for a variety of purposes in connection with administering the business relationship and providing products and services to you.
Unless you inform us in accordance with the process described below, we also reserve the right to use, and to disclose to third parties, all of the information collected from and about you by us (other than financial information including, without limitation, credit card information) in any way and for any purpose, such as to enable us or a third party to provide you with information about products and services.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on message boards, social media, web logs, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
We will not sell, lease, rent or give identifiable information to entities that are not affiliated with us.
Third Party Content, Links and Advertising
Be aware that we may occasionally release information about our visitors when release is appropriate to comply with law or to protect the rights, property or safety of users of the Site or the public.
We also use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Site. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited our Site, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
If you submit a review for a third party (person or business) using our Facebook Fan Review Application, during the submission process we ask your permission to gather your basic information (such as name and email address) which we then share with the third party for whom you are submitting the review.
This Site may provide public discussions on various topics. Please note that any information you post in these discussions will become public, so please do not post sensitive information in the public discussions.
Whenever you publicly disclose information online, that information could be collected and used by others. We are not responsible for any action or policies of any third parties who collect information that users disclose in any such forums on the Site. TALNEA MACHINING & MANUFACTURING INC. does not agree or disagree with anything posted on the discussion board. Also, remember that you must comply with our other published policies regarding postings on our public forums.
How do we store and protect your information?
Your information is stored at the list server that delivers the Site content and messaging. Your information can only be accessed by those who need to know such information in order to provide requested products and services to you, and by those who help manage those lists in order to deliver e-mail to those who would like to receive the Site material.
TALNEA MACHINING & MANUFACTURING INC. and its service providers may store and/or process personal information outside of Canada (such as in the United States of America). When your information is stored or processed outside of Canada, it may be subject to the laws of and be accessible to legal authorities in such other jurisdictions. We have taken appropriate technical, organizational and legal steps to secure this information.
All of the messaging or emails that are sent to you by the Site include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in every communication that we send you.
We have in place reasonable policies, procedures and safeguards (including physical, technological and organizational measures) designed to protect the security of personal information under our control.
The protection of personal information is of paramount concern to us, and we are prepared to take appropriate and timely steps in the event of any incidents involving personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws including, without limitation, complying with mandatory breach reporting and record keeping requirements.
We retain personal information only as long as is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, or for legal or business purposes.
Accessing, Changing and Deleting Personal Information
You may access, correct, update, and/or delete any personally-identifiable information that we hold about you. You may also unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations on the website. To do so, please either follow instructions on the page of the Site on which you have provided such information or subscribed or registered or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have appointed a Privacy Officer to ensure that all privacy laws, policies, and standards are maintained and adhered to.
General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR came into effect on May 25, 2018, and is intended to protect the data of European Union citizens.
As a company that markets its site content, products and/or services online we do not specifically target our marketing to the EU or conduct business in or to the EU in any meaningful way. If the data that you provide to us in the course of your use of our site or services or products is governed by GDPR, we will abide by the relevant portions of the regulation.
Your Rights relating to your Personal Data
Subject to some exceptions, the GDPR provides you with the following rights:
- Right of access: You have the right to information about whether and why we process your personal data and related information (for example, what personal data we are processing).
- Right of rectification: You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete personal data that we hold about you.
- Right to restrict or object to processing: You have the right to ask us to limit or stop our processing of your personal data in certain cases (for example, if the personal data we are processing about you is inaccurate or is for direct marketing purposes).
- Right to data portability: You have the right to ask us for a copy of personal data we hold about you and to transfer such data to another entity.
- Right to complain: We encourage you to contact us at the contact information below if you have any questions or concerns with our personal data practices. However, you also have the right to complain to regulatory authorities in your jurisdiction. Please contact us at the contact information below if you need information about the appropriate authority.
You may exercise these rights or find out more about these rights by contacting us at the contact information listed below.
To make any of these requests, or for any other questions relating to GDPR, please contact our GDPR contact at email@example.com
Retention and Storage of Personal Data (GDPR)
TALNEA MACHINING & MANUFACTURING INC. is based in Canada and processes personal data in Canada. The European Commission recognizes Canada as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data. Our service providers may process your personal information outside of Canada (such as in the United States of America). When your information is processed outside of the European Union, it may be subject to the laws of and be accessible by legal authorities in such other jurisdictions. We have taken appropriate technical, organizational, and legal steps to secure this information.